Saturday, August 20, 2011

What to write?

You know, I sit here some times thinking what it is I'm going to write as a blog about the Gospel to help people understand my purpose as a missionary, and my testimony of the Restored Gospel. Then suddenly like a rock it hits me, why not just write my testimony. Or even, why not first explain what a testimony is.

A Testimony of the Restored Gospel can be defined as follows: a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost. The foundation of a testimony is the knowledge that Heavenly Father lives and loves His children; that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Son of God, and that He carried out the infinite Atonement; that Joseph Smith is the prophet of God who was called to restore the gospel; that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Savior's true Church on the earth; and that the Church is led by a living prophet today. With this foundation, a testimony grows to include all principles of the gospel. - http://www.lds.org/


These blogs have consisted of my testimony throughout every post. As a member of this Church, I was taught to always share my testimony and my faith with those that are in need of spiritual upliftment. I wish I could say that I didn't wait to become a missionary to share what I know to be true. Unfortunately I can not say that. Dont' get me wrong, there were plenty of times when I answered questions about my faith for others, and when I shared parts of my testimony with those that are not of my faith. It hasn't been until know though that I have been willing to share these things with anyone and everyone. I know that part of that comes with wearing a name tag, and being a missionary. I also would like to say however, that when the name-tag comes off in about a year, I will not stop sharing my testimony the way that I do now. I won't be out on the street knocking on peoples' doors of course. I will be willing to share my faith with everyone that I come in contact with though, and I will strive to live as a better example of one having a testimony of Jesus Christ, and the restoration of His Gospel.

A testimony is a unique thing. It grows best when it is shared with others. So to help my testimony grow I would first like to share it, then close with one of my favorite quotes regarding testimonies.

As a personal representative of the Savior Jesus Christ, I want to world to know that I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and the Redeemer of the World. I know that he lives and loves each and everyone of us here on earth. I know that God is our Loving Heavenly Father, and that he cares for and is aware of each and everyone of his children. I know that we are all spirit children of God. I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and is a blessing meant for everyone to experience. I know that the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon are true, inspired scripture from God given to us through Holy Prophets. I know that Joseph Smith was called to the prophet through which the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored. I also know, and am eternally grateful to have a family that will be together forever through the sealing power of the Restored Priesthood of God on the earth. I am so grateful for Holy Temples where sacred saving ordinances can be and are performed for the children of God. I love this Gospel, and I love my Savior. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ truly is an infinite atonement through which all men can be cleansed of iniquity, sin, pain, and sorrow.

I am grateful  to be a missionary in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that this Church is the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah. I wish to let everyone know my testimony of this great work, and I hope that we all take the advice of President Thomas S. Monson when he once said: 


“Regarding one’s testimony,
remember, that which one
willingly shares he keeps,
while that which he selfishly
keeps he loses. . . . Teach and
testify. There is no better
combination."
PATHWAYS TO PERFECTION
– ELDER THOMAS S. MONSON
 [1973], 100–101

No comments:

Post a Comment