Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Conviction

There is an undeniable and overwhelming sense of the Spirit when truth is told and made manifest. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I have been taught to always pay attention for and heed the promptings of the Spirit. I can't say that I've always done exactly that, but I can honestly say that I try.

Enough of that though. The reason I'm posting this blog is to tell anyone and everyone that is reading this that I know without a doubt and with all the conviction of my heart, that Jesus Christ lives!!! I know these things because I have received and heeded the witness of the Holy Ghost on multiple ocassions in my life. I don't always know what will happen to me. I don't know if the things that I pray for and dream of will be granted to me. I don't know that I will wake up tomorrow to another day on this Earth. What I do know, however, I cannot deny regardless of what anyone would ever say to me, or try to convince me of. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I also know that he established a Church on the earth during his mortal ministry of which we have record found in the New Testament of the Bible. In the book of Ephesians Ch. 4 V. 5 we read of  " One Lord, one afaith, one bbaptism, "

Found later in that very same chapter we read how to identify the Savior's " one faith. "
 " 11 And he agave some, bapostles; and some, cprophets; and some, devangelists; and some, epastors and fteachers;
 12 For the aperfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the bedifying of the body of Christ:
 13 Till we all come in the aunity of the faith, and of the bknowledge of the Son of God, unto a cperfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: "

There have been witnesses of Jesus Christ and his glorious and divine calling since the World as we know it began. I'm not a person of importance or significance in the eyes of society. In fact I'm probably considered by many to be a nuisance. The fact still remains. I know that Jesus Christ is Redeemer of mankind. With that knowledge comes the undeniable testimony of His Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It's not another religion, and it's not another christian denomination. This church is truly the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah. 

There are countless others that have come to know of this very same truth for themselves. One of which I hold in very high regard. The prophet Joseph Smith Jr. gave his life in a country that professes " freedom of religion " for making the bold and true statement that he had been called as a prophet of God in the 1800's. Joseph recorded many aspects of his testimony of the Savior for all to read who so desired. I wish to leave with you a small excerpt of one of those testimonies. Found in the 76th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants, Joseph Smith and others recorded the following:
" 22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the atestimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he blives!
 23 For we asaw him, even on the bright hand of cGod; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only dBegotten of the Father—
 24 That by ahim, and through him, and of him, the bworlds are and were created, and the cinhabitants thereof are begotten dsons and daughters unto God. "

I challenge each of you to watch yet another video. This one is longer, but again I promise is worth the time. 



Now that you've watched it I ask you to reflect on just a few thoughts. What do you feel in your heart? What thoughts do you have coming to mind? Now do you understand what conviction is? I ask you to pray to your Father in Heaven with these thoughts and feelings at hand and ask him one thing. " Is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints truly the Lord's true Church? " If you do this with a sincere heart, truly want to know, and being willing to act on your answer, I promise that you will come to the same conclusion that so many have before you. Now, find some missionaries and start asking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment