Saturday, December 17, 2011

What are you Thankful for?

November and December, the 2 months of the year it seems that people decide to show more gratitude, or to even remember the things that they are grateful for. During this Holiday Season, whether for you it is Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or just about an old elf in red with presents, it seems to me as though people become nicer to one another. I'm not at all complaining about the gratitude, kindness, or the thankfulness that is expressed of course.

During the past month or so Elder Walker,  the missionary that I'm currently serving with, and I have gone around to some of those that we know sharing a short uplifting thought about the reasons for being grateful. As a part of this thought we chose to use the some excerpts of scripture from the Book of Mormon. There was an underlining message and thought that we were hoping those we spoke to would catch on to. Lets see if you can.
" 37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should work out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." - Alma 34:37-38

Do you see it? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with how I started this blog. If you did,or didn't here it is. The point that we wanted to bring to peoples attention was "that [we] live in thanksgiving daily".

What am I thankful for daily? I'm thankful for many things in my life.

I'm thankful for my family!


I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord as a missionary!


I'm thankful for close friends that I love, and that love me!


And most of all, I'm grateful  for My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!


Here is a short video of everyday people giving examples of how we can live in thanksgiving daily. 


Now the Kicker! What are you thankful for today? Leave a comment and let others know what it is that helps you to live in thanksgiving daily.

  

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, not only for the peace, comfort and direction it brings into my life, but also because it helps me to remember to be grateful for the small things as well as the big. I am grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life and especially for my Savior and his Atoning sacrifice for me.

    ReplyDelete